A discussion on LiveJournal earlier today led to me actually spending
some time with The Open Guide to Boston earlier today. The result of
this came to be:
* Redesign, adding some information to CSS and adding a header.
* Adding support for Geocoder.us to look up addresses when a node is
* Adding support for a "Map" view of all the nodes in the guide. This
service (like so many others of its kind) uses Google Maps to display
the data. Map view is avaialble via ;format=map on all index-list
type pages, a la
* Adding Map View Support to the node pages, a la
* Adding a significant number of nodes to the guide as starter content,
mostly metadata only.
As a result, I'm now willing to call the Open Guide to Boston open for
business, and anyone who would like to contribute is welcome to do so.
Over time I hope to incorporate a number of more advanced/complex
features, but for the time being, I'm happy with the accomplishments of
today, and would love to see more data added to the Guide.