OpenGuides 0.51 has been released, with a number of bug fixes and
improvements. It is a recommended upgrade.
It will shortly be available from your favourite CPAN mirror, or if you're
or, indeed, http://www.larted.org.uk/~dom/debian/openguides/
(files in this distribution are also signed with cpansign; run
"cpansign -v" to verify.)
0.51 15 November 2005
* The preferred way to get RecentChanges is now to pass the CGI the
parameter "action=rc", rather than just using the page name
"RecentChanges". However, this method will still work for the time
being. Similarly, the URL parameter for the RecentChanges RSS feed
has changed from "action=rss" to "action=rc;format=rss".
for the former will be redirected to the latter.
* When trying to view a non-existent node, you will now be presented
with a message asking if you want to create that node, rather than
a blank page.
* New "summary" metadata field for one-line summaries of nodes:
- Add summary field to RDF as dc:description.
- Show node summary in search results.
* New "format=raw" option for outputting wiki text of a node.
* RSS feed now contains DOAP (http://usefulinc.com/doap
* Locales, address and summary fields now XML-escaped properly.
* Add "address" field that was missing from the RDF node view.
* Update URL for Dublin Core elements in RDF index view.
* Fix URL in the RSS <channel> element to point to the RSS URL,
not the RecentChanges page URL.
* Fix bug that was breaking coordinate entry fields on search page if
lat/lon was being used.
* Fix bug in OpenGuides::SuperSearch that wasn't passing
and "longitude" values to the search template when a distance
search was being done.
* Replace underscores in node names in "redirected from" message
* "Redirected from" message now links to a rendered version of
the old page rather than the editing view.
* Fix problem with newer Text::Wikiformat and blank nodes.
* Fix bug in navbar template that caused warnings in the tests.
Dominic Hargreaves | http://www.larted.org.uk/~dom/
PGP key 5178E2A5 from the.earth.li (keyserver,web,email)