On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 03:36:30PM +0100, Nick Burch wrote:
On Fri, 12 May 2006, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
This is already present and I'm in the
process of integrating both into
Wiki::Toolkit. See changesets from last night. I'll prod you when
they're ready (and I'll probably do another development release then
Any chance they could be done by Thursday? :)
I did it last weekend actually in SVN and 0.69_03.
I think you
need to give us an idea of how you plan to refactor these
OK, first I should give an overview of how it currently works:
* wiki.cgi notices you want the recent changes
* it spots you want format=rss, and calls guide->display_feed, requesting
feed_type of rss and feed of recent_changes
* display_feed in OpenGuides.pm largely delegates to OpenGuides::Feed
It only supports rss (and doesn't pass that to OpenGuides::Feed), and
only supports recent changes (and doesn't pass that to OpenGuides::Feed)
* OpenGuides::Feed sets up the cgi::wiki instance, and calls
* CGI::Wiki::Plugin::RSS::ModWiki fetches the recent changes, and RSS
True up to a point. OpenGuides::Feed now supports Atom too.
So, my change would be to:
* allow other kinds of feeds to be requested from wiki.cgi
Done for atom recentchanges.
* have everything keep track of what sort of feed it
is you want
Where is this not the case currently?
* have CGI::Wiki::Plugin::RSS::ModWiki be able to
fetch different node
lists, be they recent changes, node versions etc
Okay, so this needs some generalisation.
* have CGI::Wiki::Plugin::RSS::ModWiki format all
these lists in much the
same way as it now does
This will need to fit in with tracking what format of feed (rss, atom etc)
is requested, and having different outputs possible
What do you mean by different outputs?
Essentially it sounds like you need to add node filtering and search
criteria passing to the feed output. Would that be a good summary?
Stay tuned for OpenGuides 0.54_01 with Wiki::Toolkit support.
Dominic Hargreaves | http://www.larted.org.uk/~dom/
PGP key 5178E2A5 from the.earth.li (keyserver,web,email)