Per a request on the Milton Keynes guide, I took up the matter of
looking at making searches include more than just the text of the entry,
but instead also listing the metadata in the nodes. I successfully
completed this in the following manner:
* Modify the rename.pl in the dist to be more along the lines of:
You can see here that this indexes phone address city postcode
website fax summary, as well as categories and locales.
* Tested this to make sure the results worked. Number searching seems
broken, but other than that it's in good shape.
* Head in to try and make this change to the underlying guide code.
* Realize that searching is basically hardcoded into write_node, with
easy way around it. resign self to this fact and decide that
double-indexing is the way to proceed.
* Write a CGI::Wiki Plugin. Bang head against wall until realizing you
need to set @ISA yourself.
* Write reindexer similar to reindex.pl above.
* Find "write_node" in Openguides.pm. Place Reindexer plugin above
write_node (see code snippet at end of email).
* Test it out. Seems to work okay.
* Upload Indexer.pm code to http://crschmidt.net/openguides/Indexer.pm
* Post to mailing list.
I'm not sure if anyone else will find this interesting, but I certainly
did, so I figured I'd share the knowledge in case anyone else out there
my $indexer = CGI::Wiki::Plugin::Indexer->new;
$wiki->register_plugin( plugin => $indexer );
$indexer->reindex($node, $content, \%metadata);
my $written = $wiki->write_node($node, $content, $checksum, \%metadata );